Any opinions on Dr. Bradley Kurgis - MHT in PA?

Subject line says it all..

Dr. Bradley Kurgis is the resident doc

for MHT in PA...

Want to know if he is a good choice...

Just flipping through the reviews of MHT in general here aren't telling me if they (MHT) are reputable to deal with or not... and good results...

So.. I guess that's two questions....

Thanks!

Hi Jerry

MHR is a big franchise. They are not known for using the most modern methods such as microscopic dissection or the "all-FU transplant" (see the section of the website "Best_hair_transplant_procedure" Ask Dr. Kurgis if he uses this exact method... I suspect the answer is no.

Some of the MHR doctors could be called mediocre at best. Also, they spend millions on advertising, and those costs are passed on to you. So they are not the best transplants, and they are also not the cheapest either.

Only a handful of doctors do consistently great hair transplants, in my opinion. I recommend that you seek these doctors out, and be willing to travel to see them, the same way you would travel for a great HEART transplant. The average hair transplant looks like an obvious transplant and is worthless, in my opinion. Do yourself a favor and get it right the first time, so that next year you aren't back here asking for advice on corrective surgery like a lot of the guys here (including me).

Use the search button near the top of the page to search for "MHR" and you can read about them in detail.

• 8 months later...

First, I would not go to a doctor who is a resident? That is just a couple years out of school. Also, MHR has mixed feedback--more negative than positive because they do operate like a chain/assembly line. However, I do believe they have a couple of decent surgeons who probably should move out on their own.

Like alway, do COMPLETE research and pick a surgeon who is known by peers and patients for outstanding work- also look for published articles and books which is a positive sign.