Can you use Red Light Therapy post FUE procedure

Wanted to see if anyone has had positive results with infrared light therapy like the iRestore device after a hair transplant. I know that most clinics will tell you to stay off topical minoxidil, and even durmarolling right after transplant, but have not heard anything about infrared light as another option during this critical period after the transplant. There are definitely studies that back the healing properties of red light therapy and if it could reduce the inflammation that ultimately causes the shedding and shock loss, as well promote new growth, I honestly can't think of a better product to sub in during recovery. 

Thoughts?

Edited by MazAB

10 hours ago, MazAB said:

Wanted to see if anyone has had positive results with infrared light therapy like the iRestore device after a hair transplant. I know that most clinics will tell you to stay off topical minoxidil, and even durmarolling right after transplant, but have not heard anything about infrared light as another option during this critical period after the transplant. There are definitely studies that back the healing properties of red light therapy and if it could reduce the inflammation that ultimately causes the shedding and shock loss, as well promote new growth, I honestly can't think of a better product to sub in during recovery. 

Thoughts?

LaserCap can help.  This promotes blood flow to the area.  More nutrients, etc.  And, in combination with PRP, can help with rapid growth and reversal of thinning hair.  Check out Dr. Arocha's recent video on the subject.  

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

51 minutes ago, MazAB said:

Thanks @LaserCaps, but do you know if it is safe to use directly after a hair transplant? Just don't want to experiment with my newly planted grafts if it could have a detrimental effect.

Every clinic has its own protocol.  I would suggest waiting 3-7 days and then start.  You do not want to pull a graft accidentally.

• Like 1

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

For me, I just would not use it at all...on all four of my procedures I simply just waited for the regrowth of my grafts and allowed my own auto-immune system to do the healing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY