minoxidil and dutasteride

Hey everyone, I have been considering doing a hair transplant for a year now. However, due to how things are going I couldn't do it with Dr kesser which was my 1st pick and now I'm considering  Dr Rafeal. 

I emailed them and they told me I need to get on these two drugs until 6 months to stabilize the baldness. 

Any side effects I should be worried about? And where can I find them online if possible? 

• Administrators

Two very different doctors, Dr. Keser doesn't use microscopes and does small surgeries. I would probably research a little more. As for the drugs, if you're taking oral dutasteride the side effects are the same side effects from finasteride but with a higher incidence rate. The sides include impotence, low libido, decreased semen, gyno, etc. Minoxidil has very little side effects topically, but some people do get heart palpitations. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

8 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Two very different doctors, Dr. Keser doesn't use microscopes and does small surgeries. I would probably research a little more. As for the drugs, if you're taking oral dutasteride the side effects are the same side effects from finasteride but with a higher incidence rate. The sides include impotence, low libido, decreased semen, gyno, etc. Minoxidil has very little side effects topically, but some people do get heart palpitations. 

Indeed they are! I really wanted to go with Dr keser. Him working alone and spending time much more time to do that is what made me try my best to get a HT with him but my work situation doesn't allow me much leeway and when I booked before, covid and government travel ban made it almost impossible to go to him.  

On the other hand, I researched Dr. Rafeal a little less than keser, he seems like a reputable doctor and his clinic seems trustworthy from what I found here. He works differently but still hes the one doing the important steps in HT in his clinic. 

Though Dr keser didn't recommend me the drugs, so I'm not sure if that matters much when doing HT.

Would appreciate if anyone share from where to get the oral min🙏