Lupanzula, 1681 grafts fue, Jan 14th 2021

Stubble

Hello!
I had a HT with Dr Lupanzula in Belgium, Jan 14th 2021. 1681 grafts in total and it was all done on my temples to restore my hairline. 

Bio: 
31 y/o male
Medications:
Min for many years and fin since jan 2020. My other thread on this forum documents my finasteride results if you want to check that out.

Back when I first wrote down Lupanzula as a potential surgeon, he was still recommended on this forum. I don't know why he was removed (or removed himself) but whatever the case might be, my experience was very professional. In my case, the doctor did almost everything. He did all extractions and incisions, and he did the graft placement on my left temples while an assistant did the right temple. 
The surgery was a breeze overall, it was only the local anesthesia that was sometimes a bit unpleasant, and I appreciated that all focus was on me during the surgery. That is to say, the doctor didn't come off as stressed or overworked. He was calm and attentive.

It's been 7 months since my HT and I've come to a point where I'm happy with how it turned out. It still doesn't blend perfectly on top but I have hopes that it will after 12-18 months. And if I want full coverage, a little bit of Toppik already makes it look perfect imo.

I'll include some photos as well as a timeline of my progress, starting with finasteride in 2020. 
I'll update this thread with new pictures at the 12 month mark and I hope you found this useful. 
Cheers.

00_totalGrafts.jpg

01_surgery_day.jpg

08_7months_front.jpg

08_7months_left.jpg

08_7months_right.jpg

08_7months_top1.jpg

08_7months_top2.jpg

Finasteride_crown_progress.jpg

FinPlusHT_hairline_progress_7months.jpg

FinPlusHT_top_progress_7months.jpg

Edited by Stubble
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Stubble, these are very good quality photos and a great result! I'm glad this worked well for you. I wasn't going to post on this thread, but you wrote.....

On 7/18/2021 at 2:48 PM, Stubble said:

Back when I first wrote down Lupanzula as a potential surgeon, he was still recommended on this forum. I don't know why he was removed (or removed himself)

I don't know why/when this happened, but I'm so glad it did, cos it gave me the chance to document my own very poor and emotionally painful experience with this clinic, which hopefully acts as an eye-opener to newbies, highlighting that things aren't always what they seem.

But this is YOUR review, so I'll stay out, and I'm genuinely happy to see such a great result. It will get even better by 18 months, as the hair mature.

• 5 months later...