Dr. Blake Bloxham review. 400 grafts touch up

rstty

Over the years I have had about 6,000 Grafts done over most of my head from Dr. True in NYC. I was mostly satisfied with the results but 2 years ago I had decided I wanted a little touch up in the front corner since it was the only area that I feel he didn't come out well and I felt I had enough donor hair to do the work. After doing extensive research and hearing all the great reviews I decided to go to Dr. Bloxham of Feller Bloxham who was closer to me and seemed to have more experience with FUE since I could no longer do FUT because of excessive scarring. Dr True was not comfortable and experienced enough to do it. I did one touch up of about 250 grafts and then came back a year later for another 150. And will tell you the results were excellent and natural and I still have a fair enough amount of hair in my donor area so that it looks full. Though both surgeons are very good I would put Dr. Bloxham a star above Dr. true for two reasons. Number one he is more experienced and confident with FUE procedure and secondly his bedside manner is by far much better. He takes the time to make sure you are comfortable and feeling no pain and is just more personable and friendly. As I said the results were excellent so if your planning on trying this I highly recommend him. BTW if you are coming in from NYC his office is about a 7 minute Uber ride from The Great neck LIRR train station and there is ample parking at the building if driving.

• Like 2

Thanks for the review, and glad to hear Dr. Bloxham is skillful at FUE as well. I guess your two smaller procedures would be considered "lunchtime FUE" that he made a video about. How long did each procedure take? Have also found the 7 train to the n20g bus has gotten me to his office in about 1 hr 15 min from the Grand Central MTA stop. Probably not worth the risk on a surgery day (and definitely not for going home), but for consultations and follow-ups and giving yourself plenty of time, it's a great way to save the ~$150 round trip on an Uber.

1 hour ago, BD99 said:

Thanks for the review, and glad to hear Dr. Bloxham is skillful at FUE as well. I guess your two smaller procedures would be considered "lunchtime FUE" that he made a video about. How long did each procedure take? Have also found the 7 train to the n20g bus has gotten me to his office in about 1 hr 15 min from the Grand Central MTA stop. Probably not worth the risk on a surgery day (and definitely not for going home), but for consultations and follow-ups and giving yourself plenty of time, it's a great way to save the ~$150 round trip on an Uber.

The first one was about 4 hours. The second about 3 hours. Both started at around 11 a.m and I was out by 3-4 p.m 

1 hour ago, hairlossPA said:

can you elaborate on this? “I could no longer do FUT because of excessive scarring”

Well I think it is going to depend on weather you have enough donor hair under the scars. Fortunately for me I did have some more but not much. He was able to do 400 grafts total between the two sessions but I can no longer do any more. I think you are going to have to see him in order to know for sure. I will say this. If I had the money beforehand I would have never done FUT. FUE is so much easier (though more expensive) Its less painfull and doesn't leave any bald spots or big scars from the sutures. Good luck!