Thoughts on HLC in Ankara

This clinic is often viewed as one of the very best in all of Turkey, standing alone with only a few others where I have never seen a bad hairline yet. They have tons of great reviews and great results all over the internet. I am curious though, to those who have good knowledge or even first hand experience there, what was it like? Is there an actual doctor out of the few there who is more well known? I know that none of them are currently on the IAHRS list. But then again, hardly any Turkish docs are. I am considering them at the moment. Thanks in advance.

Edited by SD1984

• 1 month later...

I'm currently on my 12th day post op for 3,950 grafts. My FUE procedure was done at HLC in Ankara. My honest opinion is they are indeed an excellent clinic. From the time they picked me up at the airport to the time they dropped me off at the airport their operation is top notch. My procedure was done by doctors not technicians. 1,500 beard grafts were used to complete the 3,950 grafts. They're method of aftercare is more on the conservative side which is fine with me. While there I made some friends that were having FUE procedures as well and they also agree on the excellence of their experience and conservative nature of aftercare. 

1 hour ago, Vic1 said:

I'm currently on my 12th day post op for 3,950 grafts. My FUE procedure was done at HLC in Ankara. My honest opinion is they are indeed an excellent clinic. From the time they picked me up at the airport to the time they dropped me off at the airport their operation is top notch. My procedure was done by doctors not technicians. 1,500 beard grafts were used to complete the 3,950 grafts. They're method of aftercare is more on the conservative side which is fine with me. While there I made some friends that were having FUE procedures as well and they also agree on the excellence of their experience and conservative nature of aftercare. 

What about the aftercare is conservative?

They seem like a good, ethical clinic. They have doctors performing all aspects of surgery and they use stick and place which is pretty unheard of in turkey. On the flip side, Ive heard their aftercare is lacking and they are slow to respond.

Many clinics are ok with washing your hair the day after they recommend starting on the 3rd day just letting indirect water on the scalp, on the 7th day shampoo . They recommend the type of shampoo to use preferably one with ph level 5.5. Many clinics are ok with patient excersing after 7 days, HLC recommends after 4 weeks. Many clinics are ok with wearing a hat within a few days of the procedure I got the distinct impression that HLC would rather you avoid the use of one at least for the 1st 10 days. Avoiding hair products for 4 weeks. Waiting 3 months to have a barber use shaving machine on recipient area. I do think they should have a youtube video showing how to properly wash the scalp to help remove the scabs because that is something we all worry about and they are slow to respond afterwards but that may be due to time zone differences for me (7 hours).