shockloss hair

I just recieved my first HT four days ago. This forum has been been amazing with helping me with any questions or concerns I have. In reading other people's questions I came across many discussing about shock loss. I know this is when native hair is loss due to the HT. When do you actually notice you loss some of your native hair?

I just recieved my first HT four days ago. This forum has been been amazing with helping me with any questions or concerns I have. In reading other people's questions I came across many discussing about shock loss. I know this is when native hair is loss due to the HT. When do you actually notice you loss some of your native hair?

Shockloss can happen anywhere from 2 weeks up to 4 months after HT. I got some shockloss on my donor area after my 2nd HT at about 1 month post op. By month 3 it is already coming back strong.

Just a thought from the peanut gallery...

In '96, I had 400 minigrafts on the crown. I experienced complete shockloss all around the area where I had the grafts and freaked out. I didn't realize it is just going into a resting phase for a few months. I called the clinic and they were quite flippant saying it was hair I was going to lose eventually anyway so I shouldn't be complaining. Luckily it all came back though.