Topical vs pill variables concerning donor region.

I have a question, not sure if this was the best area to post, but I see a lot of doctors respond in this topic section. If you have been on the pill form of dutasteride for many years and suddenly switch to the topical how would that effect the donor region hair. The topical is usually applied only to the top of the scalp. Donor area thinning is a reality as we age. Just curious to get some others input.

Most believe the donor area does not require meds to experience retention.  This area seems not to be susceptible to the hair loss effect. 

Typically topical solutions are systemic. That is, regardless of where you put them, they will have an effect on the entire head.  Generally they tend to show the most effect on the crown and not the front.  

Not sure if I agree with "donor area thinning is a reality as we age." I would start with family history.

Unfortunately we do not have a hair crystal ball to tell us where we are going to end up.  If you are going to end up a 7, perhaps this has merit.

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.