How does a transplanted hair grow out?

Hi guys,
If the transplanted grafts start hair growth are they vellus hairs or or already terminal hairs?
I see really small, fine hairs like I have on my forehead and I wonder if they are native hairs or transplanted hairs.
Is there any way to determine if it is a transplanted hair?

That will vary.  Some hairs will come through fairly thick and those will mature within a month or 2.

Then there are the really thin vellus hairs that you can barely see. Those tend to to take  3 to 6 months before they are a thick terminal hairs.

But at the end of the day it doesnt matter, because they should all reach maturity eventually. Its just that they're not doing it all in the exact same timeframe.

• Like 1

The hairs will all have their own growth cycles that they'll be going through so it varies. 

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

2 hours ago, Jendri said:

so could it be that a transplanted hair grows out and is then very short and fine for several months and then suddenly becomes thicker and longer?

Yes, this can definitely be the case. This image will be helpful:

image.thumb.png.b6412ba0678ced8ff66fe2fa3ec39f13.png

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider.