Possible Propecia user--serious OCD--worried about side effects

joebronson

MAN, It's a shame ya'll stopped talkin.. It was kinda interesting to read..

I have nothin to say to that, except where's Revita in this whole thing lol.

Where's ya'lls experience with propecia in this..

Like the first post on top..I too think about my hair all day long..

I THINK If you think about something bad all day long you'll stress your self out, to the point of breaking point. ( Crying For me) But..When I cry it feels good. icon_smile.gif

Guys we dont cry, we fight, or play sports or you know where i'm going.

Depression cases: You just need a positive out let Mates icon_wink.gif : I am depressed right now icon_frown.gif . So I can Say this: All's I need is confidence. Love !

Passion, and Faith.

Any ways, any comments on propecia results, about NEW Hair GRowth!? Usually positive reult people, are happy . THUS never needing to seek out into places like this!@#$!

PropeciaHelp.com ya said. I'll check that out.. Anyways, gonna go out to the bar now. And try and not look in the mirror and have some fun!@#$

REad and comment.Dont be shY icon_wink.gif

Yomommyz icon_biggrin.gif

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Yomommyz:

Guys we dont cry, we fight, or play sports or you know where i'm going.

Those things that make you;

play sports and make you do things. that you describe as. you know where I am going, are the very ones described in this thread and are things that also make you loose your hair.

However those things improved man chances of survival in a particular environment.

The appearance of man is dated at about half a million years, and of anatomically modern Homo sapiens at about a hundred thousand years, values that are also supported by genomic evidence.

Of the many intermediate related species that have existed since then, only chimps and modern humans survive today.

Nature decided,we need/needed, those things.that is why we have them.

So, my point is, before you you try to alter ,by suppressing their impact on your body, learn well what they are and what they do. That is all. icon_smile.gif

I didn't really understand your statement to my comments.

Don't worry Yomommyz, it's normal icon_wink.gif

Simple answers are appreciated thanx mates

None of what you mentioned (sports, shampoo, etc) will cause you to lose hair Yomommyz. Male pattern baldness (if it's what you experience) is genetic and can be indeed slowed (or even stopped) with some treatments if you are a good responder to these treatments. But I do think you need to research more on the subject (you are on a good site for this) and see a doctor or a dermatologist (to make sure you officially have MPB) before you make any decisions about what to do with your condition.

I am depressed right now

You are not alone my friend. I have been on hair loss sites since almost the beginning of internet and have seen such extreme cases as severe depression, and even suicide attempts (I hope none succeeded) that were triggered by how hair loss affected these individuals.

While it's clear that you are not affected to such an extreme... I know that we cannot always understand how the simple fact of losing hair can sometimes be devastating for some people and change a whole existence.

While some people just don't care about it, shave their head and move on quickly... others can be affected to the point they feel like they lose everything.

Therefore, I learned that there is a HUGE responsibility when it comes to talk about hair loss and its solutions, and learned to respect these differences of reactions to hair loss.

The important thing for you to know at this point is to be aware that there is "hope" in the form of treatments (and cosmetic surgeries), but that none comes without the possibility of side effects (or complications), as small of a percentage they sometimes can be.

Any ways, any comments on propecia results, about NEW Hair GRowth!? Usually positive reult people, are happy . THUS never needing to seek out into places like this!@#$!

I can talk about my experience with it. I have been on finasteride (propecia / proscar) and Minoxidil (generic version of rogaine) for 7 years, and I'm happy with it and have good results (hair count maintenance and some regrowth). I simply use it like I would brush my teeth... part of an easy daily routine.

I just wish I started earlier and saved an enormous amount of time, energy, and a whole lot of money not trying to fix the problem later.

While side effects happen statistically for a minority of people only, and mostly at the onset of the treatment before subsiding, I am part of that minority and experienced them at the beginning of the propecia treatment in the form of chest pain. I managed to keep side effects away by stopping treatment for a week or two when they appeared, and then gradually coming back on propecia over a few weeks.

At this point they only mildly surface once every two years or so, which means I have zero side effects except on "very rare occasions". As a matter of fact, I experienced very mild chest pain just a few weeks ago (when I took a break from omega 3's / fish oil, which may have some positive effects on hormonal balance according to recent studies). I just stopped propecia for a week to flush it out of my system, before starting again gradually, and everything seems to return to normal as usually happened in the past.

My biggest advice beside researching more, would be to base your final decisions ONLY on "facts"... rather than "fear" spread by uninformed or confused people...

If you need info / help I'm always available through PM dude!

Best of luck

By the way, thanks blondie for your posts, I appreciate this logic based on facts. TC17, I would give it at least a year before assessing, finasteride takes time, like a HT... also, the synergy between finasteride and minoxidil could be interesting in your case if you still experience thinning. Follicle Girl, thanks for sharing a bit of your 19 years of experience in the field.