Getting through the UK border for a hair transplant

I have my first hair transplant booked at a well known on these forums clinic in Europe for the 17th May, overall everything is going well but I'm a bit concerned about being able to get out of the country and being questioned at the border.

To leave the UK you need a 'reasonable excuse' and one of the listed excuses is 'medical treatment' which I'm hoping to use and the clinic has offered to write a procedure certificate I can show, but I'm worried that the police won't view a hair transplant as a medical procedure and I'll be fined/turned away. Has anyone here successfully travelled to get a procedure done during the current rules?

The dr/clinic doesn’t have to stipulate what the procedure is - this is confidential information at the end of the day. 

As the current rules stand, you are able to travel for a medical treatment. 

If a certified doctor has provided you with evidence stating that you are due to travel to receive medical treatment, then this is 100% compliant with the guidance. 

The police or border control have no authority or right to question what medical treatment you are to receive, as long as you have provided them with the sufficient proof that is the reason for your travel.  

Try not to worry, and liase with the clinic to ask them to provide you with the certificate, without stating the nature of the procedure if that makes you feel more comfortable.