USA/Canada Border Closures

In light of how bad Ontario's situation is right and basically becoming a stay-at-home province for the foreseeable future and basically not allowed to do anything, I am curious to know how this will impact the border closures. I have an surgery scheduled for July with Nadimi (which I know is still a few months away) but I am curious to know on what are the chances you can actually get over the border without causing any problems? I am aware about all of the testing that needs to be done but can/will they just outright stop you regardless? Are hair transplant/cosmetic procedures considered essential?

Has anyone had one recently that can chime in here with their experience?

It's the USA's border restrictions you should check.  You shouldn't care about Ontario's rules - no one can stop you from leaving the country, and if you are Canadian you are allowed to re-enter Canada at any time (although you will have to quarantine for 14 days).

They can’t stop you from traveling but they can enforce public health measures to close businesses, stay at home orders, quarantine mandates, public gatherings etc.  Ontario is in lockdown but medical clinics are open and surgeries are allowed to continue at a reduced capacity.  Stay safe

Thanks for the replies. 

My aunt and uncle recently crossed the border to accompany my cousin (their daughter, who lives in NYC) for an eye surgery and help with basic activities, etc. for a weeks while she recovers. They apparently got through but with a ton of grief from the US Customs agents, which may not be a surprise. Just wanted to get some closure on being able to go through in July but let's hope things can improve to avoid further risk.