Graft Estimate to achieve desired density

Hello,

I am 28 and have been on fin for almost 2 years now. I recently had a consultation with Dr. Gupta in Toronto and he said I would need around 2500 grafts. Does this sound about right to achieve good density? My hair loss is diffused, with most loss being concentrated in the temporal regions. I have attached pictures with the desired hairline drawn. I would like to improve density all over though, especially behind the hairline - you can see the mid region is thin. 

Would be great if you guys could chime in and let me know how many grafts you think would be needed to achieve good density here. I would like to grow my hair out and play around with different styles. 

Planning on getting a transplant this summer, just really trying to narrow down my options in terms of picking a clinic. 

20210311_231043.jpg

20210218_152842.jpg

20201212_135655.jpg

Edited by spazy

• spazy changed the title to Graft Estimate to achieve desired density

Run from all clinics in Toronto, with the exception of Dr. Rahal who is based out of Ottawa but operates in Toronto as well occasionally. You're diffuse thinning so you have to take a lot more time to make a decision, I hope some of the more veteran players here could chime in what your best move is. 

1 minute ago, TorontoMan said:

Run from all clinics in Toronto, with the exception of Dr. Rahal who is based out of Ottawa but operates in Toronto as well occasionally. You're diffuse thinning so you have to take a lot more time to make a decision, I hope some of the more veteran players here could chime in what your best move is. 

Yeah? I can't find much information on Dr. Gupta at Sure Hair but someone posted their results from him not too long ago on this forum and they seemed decent. His youtube has decent results too and his prices are reasonable for Toronto. That's the thing is I'm sorta on a budget, I don't want to spend more than $9000 CAD. I was also looking at flying to Tijuana, MX to the Dr. Cortez brothers, their work seems pristine. I guess Turkey is also an option. Just need flight restrictions to ease up a bit. 

While I sympathize and understand that financing could be a big factor and constraint for most ppl, I urge you to not approach the situation with a budget ceiling. I guarantee you will end up paying more in the long term. The quote "if you think hiring a professional is expensive, try hiring someone for cheap" is very applicable in this industry. $9k for 2,500 grafts is $3.6 and will not afford you quality. If you end up going for cheap, you run the risk of a someone who isn't a professional use up your finite donor, achieve a poor result and in some cases make it even worse than your starting point. You will then be seeking a professional to fix the problem that someone else created, and there is nothing worse than a botched hair transplant that brings ppls attention to your head. We've seen this on this forum over and over again. 

If you have 9k saved up, my advice is to hold it and continue saving. FUT is often cheaper than FUE, but even a top clinic say like H&W charge $6 for FUT grafts. You're very young as well so you do not want to be rushing into this decision. 

For that hairline you're seeking, 1.5K grafts is more than ideal. Your goal should be to narrow down among a list of WELL RECOMMENDED surgeons on here. You will regret trying to "save" money because in the long run, you'll likely end up needing repair surgery or have to live with poor results. Please feel to privately message me if you'd like and reach out anytime. 

PS - Are you on minoxidil? 

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

• 5 weeks later...

There appears to be excellent donor region to work with as well.  It seems like the main purpose of the restoration would be to restore density and reinforce the existing hairline.  At the age of 28 its important to take a conservative approach.  You may even want to hold off on surgery for a few more years and trial medications, topical minoxidil, shampoos, and PRP to restore thickness and density.  I'm hoping that Toronto will not have a bad reputation anymore....