Finasteride - 8 month mark

Hello, 

I've been on Proscar for the past 8 months. I take 1.25 mg three times a week (Monday, Wednesday and Friday). I've noticed that I'm still shedding quite a lot of hair which I can see on the pillow every morning or in the shower, mainly very small ones (so not transplanted hair which I have on top because these are long - I had my HT around 4 years ago). I'm not sure whether they are donor hairs because my donor is quite long now, or miniaturized hair in the crown which I haven't transplanted anything to yet and which is extremely thin. Could they be miniaturized hairs in the donor for example? Any ideas?

Thanks

Previously KLHT

I believe you're shedding miniaturized hairs from the crown. Of course it's rather hard to retrace where they came from, but if you have miniaturized hairs in your donor, you should be shedding some of your transplanted hair too now if that makes any sense.

I had a massive shed at around 6 months when I first started taking fin and my hair took its sweet time to return. I started seeing huge improvements at around 16 months or so. I think you should be be optimistic, I reckon it's a good sign. You could update this thread with say bimonthly pics so you'd have more people eyeballing what's going on there.