My Plan to Conceal a HT

I will be going with a doc who requires shaving of the recipient area. My strategy is to get a very short haircut on top (1/4 inch) and about 1/2 inch on the back and sides three months before the HT. In addition, get a mild tan. After the HT, I would keep my hair this length for one full year even when the transplanted hair starts to grow in. I figure this serves the purpose of having people get used to you with extremely short hair so when the grafts finally come in and you let it grow out, people will just think you let your hair grow out and they would suspect a HT allot less. Also, it gives your grafted hair time to thicken up before you grow it out. During this one year period, I can use a little toppik to keep the top looking decent. Does this sound like a plan? Is it not a good idea to keep cutting your grafted hair to 1/4 inch while it is growing in?

The only issue I see with this plan is concealing the scar. I think with a little Toppik on the sides and back, I should be able to do this 4 weeks post HT even with 1/2 inch on the back and sides. Acrobaz has been able to do this quite successfully.

Thoughts??

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Sounds like a good plan. I am sure it will change once you begin to see some real growth.

Personally, I thought I would always keep my hair at a #2-clip, but now with hair I think I will try growing it longer (that might change again as I do want to see what my scar looks like clipped down). I did trim the recipient grafts with scissors early on, but have not touched them since.

Anyway, toppik is good and have seen it on a couple of guys and if applied well you cannot even tell they are using it.

It is good that you are prepping, I know I did the exact same thing.

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Thanks Eman. I have been following your progress and I must say, if I can achieve your results, I will be happy to say the least. I hear so many talk about "Elusion of hair" that HTs give. Does your new hair feel and look like the real deal or do you feel like you have to play with it allot to make it work? From the pics, it looks like it has always been there.

Thanks

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

The "illusion" of density is what we with high degrees of hairloss have to settle with in terms of having a HT...but, I have actually started to feel different as I was a solid NW4 (moving towards a NW5) yet my new hair is not an illusion. It is thickening by the day and getting longer as well.

The hair I have is the real deal. I don't need to play with it, comb it in weird ways, or play with it to make it look better. A hurricane wind could blow on my head and there would be no difference in how my hair looks--it might acually be a better way of styling it?! It has been so long since I have styled my hair, I really do not know what to do with it (and LOVE it by the way!!).

I can honestly say that I have a full head of hair, partly due to my physiology (caliber of my donor) and the artistry of my doc.

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Eman I agree, looking at your blog and it seems things going very well with your HT! I havn't gone through with having one myself yet, just still researching.

Concealing is actually something I am giving serious consideration before going through with anything!

Can't decide your plan sounds good and if it comes off could be perfect! But have you considered the redness and the questions that might attract post op? If I decide to have one I probably wont shave the receipient area and will use native hair to cover up, or try at least!