Difference between new transplanted growth vs shock loss re-growth

Well, ideally, there shouldn't be a difference because you want the transplanted grafts to be as similar to the hair in the recipient area as possible. There probably is more miniaturization amongst the recipient hairs. I haven't been able to tell the difference based on my personal experience. 

• Thanks 1

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

2 hours ago, Dr. Suhail Khokhar said:

Well, ideally, there shouldn't be a difference because you want the transplanted grafts to be as similar to the hair in the recipient area as possible. There probably is more miniaturization amongst the recipient hairs. I haven't been able to tell the difference based on my personal experience. 

Thanks for responding. I was just wondering in terms of when they first grow in. Transplanted Hairs normally grow in thin before thickening up. Would shocked hair which was healthy or previously transplanted bit just shocked out due to surgery grow back thick or would it also grow in thin before thickening up?

I would assume shocked hair and hair that normally sheds as per growth cycles would grow in the same. If yes, then perhaps a different way of asking is after hair goes into normal resting and shedding and when it grows back does it grow back thin before thickening again or does it just grow back in thick?

Edited by deitel130