Asian (34/m) considering FUT transplant with Dr. Bloxham

I am a 34 YO asian male and considering getting a FUT transplant. Over the past decade I have taken different shampoos, vitamins, and over the past year sticking to 1mg of fin a day/ rogaine foam 2x a day. I feel that I have gained minor minor regrowith in the temple areas but overall not much improvement.

Now I am considering a hair transplant with Dr. Bloxham in NY and had a few questions.

1. Does my donor area look good for a FUT procedure? If so, what is the graft estimate?
2. How likely is it to get my hair coverage/density back to my younger years (2010-2014)?
3. If I can get even back to my 2018 pictures, I would be happy. But because I like my sides faded, how likely is it that I can hide a FUT scar? Is it a good idea to get SMP on the scar?
4. My hair grows unevenly as thick/weak hairs are scattered overall, as seen in the Dec 2020 pics. Will this be an issue even after a HT procedure? Since I assume hair cannot be transplanted unless it is a bald area?
5. My experience on Fin this year hasn't been too bad. The major thing i notice is a weaker load, but other than that I feel like i can live with it. If i get a HT procedure, is it possible to stop fin and maybe switch to a DHT blocker with combination of hair massages? (as seen here)

**If you want to see my complete hair journey with pics, you can click here.**

Artboard Copy 11.png

Artboard Copy 9.png

Artboard Copy 7.png

Artboard Copy 10.png

Edited by cloudyhaze

1. Hell yes. A person with a decent donor can harvest an average of ~3,000 grafts. 
  2. Very likely. But not from just one surgery. May require two to satisfy your expectations. And possibly a 3rd if you continue to lose more hair on top.
  3. When choosing FUT, you will no longer be able to buzz cut your hair without the scar showing. The shortest I believe you can go is a grade 3. You can eventually hide your FUT scar after you've decided you no longer want more transplants in the future with an FUE procedure. Or you can choose to do an SMP.
  4. The surgeon will be the best person to answer that question after inspecting your scalp. Most likely he will start at the front third or half of the scalp and fix your hairline. The second will cover the back/crown area.
  5. With multiple transplants, you can choose to not take any medication if it affects the quality of your life. 
Edited by baldiee
  • Thanks 1