The need for more than one HT

Hi

I'm 41 and had 2886 Grafts on a frontal Norwood 3 in August

http://www.hairtransplantnetwo...opyID=2591&WebID=920

What I tend to notice is that many guys who have good results have tended to have more than one HT. This excludes the individuals that had to have corrective work done and applies to those who chose the correct doctor and had; for a priod of time; satisfactory results.

As I had my consultation with Dr Rahal he advised me that at 40 , as I was then, I had chosen the best time to have a HT- My hair loss, according to him; had stabilized and it was unlikely that the pattern would continue beyond Norwood three.

Well I wont be holding him to that and I am aware that loss can progress. even after 9m on Propecia.

I'd like to hear from guys, in the above cetegory, who had more than one HT and the reasons for it.

Thanks in advance for your time

Hi

I'm 41 and had 2886 Grafts on a frontal Norwood 3 in August

http://www.hairtransplantnetwo...opyID=2591&WebID=920

What I tend to notice is that many guys who have good results have tended to have more than one HT. This excludes the individuals that had to have corrective work done and applies to those who chose the correct doctor and had; for a priod of time; satisfactory results.

As I had my consultation with Dr Rahal he advised me that at 40 , as I was then, I had chosen the best time to have a HT- My hair loss, according to him; had stabilized and it was unlikely that the pattern would continue beyond Norwood three.

Well I wont be holding him to that and I am aware that loss can progress. even after 9m on Propecia.

I'd like to hear from guys, in the above cetegory, who had more than one HT and the reasons for it.

Thanks in advance for your time

I had 3 procedures of 5017 and could not be happier... This was done for a couple of reasons including money,a conservative approach, and wanting to keep everything private .. I too take propecia and my hairloss was stabilied prior to the surgeries

The results are near perfect and I looks amazing! A good doc, patience, and solid strategy will take you far..

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

So many reasons to want to go back to get more... I also wanted to get only one HT and be done but it rarely works out this way.

-Most Dr.'s will not recommend you get too MUCH more than you need, as the patient you tend to agree and you have to watch the expense too.

- As Jobi said a good Dr. will talk his patient in being conservative, you never know exactly what the future holds and you don't want your HT to be so noticeable.

-If satisfied you tend to get used to the additional hair, you become more aware of others around you and compare, that's the start of Hair Greed.

-Even though Finasteride has kept my hair loss in check I don't think it has completely stopped it, I probably get more miniaturization as the years go by thus increasing my perception of less density.

-I can see a real benefit to touch up sessions using FUE as people age, say, 2 to 500 FU's every other year or 18 months to stay ahead of the curve. If FUE became cheaper which it might that would be great!

FWIW, I was a NW5 when I got my first HT at 51 years old. It was about 2,250 grafts and that isn't enough to make enough of a difference IMHO.

Medications and topicals probably got me another 1,000 "grafts" if you get what I mean. Oh, maybe 1,500 more, hard to say.

(I waited WAY too long to do something about MPB. I thought everything was snake oil because that is the generation I grew up in. Everything was a joke and a fraud in my time the way I remember it as a kid. As a result of my snake oil attitude, I rejected minoxidil and finasteride when they came out. I don't reject them any longer though.)

Anyway, 3,250 grafts aren't enough for a NW5 IMHO. But it ain't bad if you don't mind having a thinner, old man type of balding situation IMHO. (The women I know all laugh at me and say "you look fine just the way it is....you're nuts going for more". So, I guess I'm just greedy at this stage in my life. [The guys I know just say "you're ugly either way".] icon_smile.gif)

I got another HT with 2,810 grafts three months ago. We'll see how that goes.

Most likely I'll go for a third to finish it all off and get pretty thick hair on top (i.e, (1) thick for my age and (2) thick compared to where I started as a NW5, not "Elvis" thick though).

A NW5 is pretty bald and I've read over the years that you'd probably want at least 5,000 grafts at that level of baldness. FWIW, I think that is correct.

Plus, like I said, I'm greedy also! icon_biggrin.gif