Questions about traveling to Turkey, payment, ect

jc80220

Thanks, John. I'm going to go in to HSBC next week and get all the info I need about using my debit card, which apparently is just the same as using it in the UK. I'll update this though because others like Hairgain will benefit.

2 minutes ago, jc80220 said:

Thanks, John. I'm going to go in to HSBC next week and get all the info I need about using my debit card, which apparently is just the same as using it in the UK. I'll update this though because others like Hairgain will benefit.

No worries 😉 it is the same yes, just different charges depending on your bank and type of account. Sure HSBC will give you some good advice regarding costs. 

Thought I would ask some other basic questions, for myself, and anybody else in the future.

What do people do during the procedure? I was thinking of getting one of those cheap Gameboy things with the four hundred games to play during. Or do people listen to music, watch TV?

How does charging ones phone work in Turkey? Do I need to take some kind of converter? Does my phone just access the internet as if I were in England?

Do I shave my head myself the day before, or is it something that has to be done on the day by the clinic?

Is there anything anyone should know when traveling to Turkey? Sorted a new passport. Figuring out the payment situation. Thinking about all the little details, like a travel pillow, but want to make sure I don't get over there and realise I've not done something important.

Edited by jc80220

Get a euro plug adapter. Amazon/Poundland before travelling. They cost a hell of a lot more in airports.

Travel pillow is essential. I have always either slept or watch tv/listen to music whilst having transplant done. 

Let the clinic cut/shave your head. They will want to do this, 

Edited by JohnAC71

Thanks, again, John. Like my tour guide 😄

My preference would definitely be to go to sleep for eight hours and then someone tap me on the shoulder and say ''all done''. I mean, what sort of position are you in during a transplant, sat upright, laying on your belly? Would I be able to have my head tilted in the manner you'd need to play games?

Watching the Turkish version of F.R.I.E.N.D.S for eight hours doesn't really appeal 😄

• Haha 1

I honestly wouldn’t even think about playing games, even If the clinic would let you. Which is unlikely. 
They will have you in all sorts of positions depending on the stage of the transplant. For the longest part you will be sat up whilst the slits are made and then the implants are inserted.