Definition of Tight or Loose Scalp

I'm a newbie here. I have read a number of postings on this site... very informative, thank you. icon_smile.gif

I have seen a lot of discussion of tight or loose scalps for the donor area, and was wondering what is considered a tight scalp (or loose one)?

I'm a newbie here. I have read a number of postings on this site... very informative, thank you. icon_smile.gif

I have seen a lot of discussion of tight or loose scalps for the donor area, and was wondering what is considered a tight scalp (or loose one)?

best way to tell would be by the grip in the donor area you could get. This is without a knowledge of the doctors opinion though.

Take your index and middle fingure, and see how much skin raises in the area. A nice chunk is good, but a little is poor.

This should help but others may add to this to give you an idea.

The Dr. will know best.

Maybe a pict will help...

Thanks much for the reply,

I have tested that before and I can move the scalp up a little more than an inch, but I can't move it down much at all (from it's normal resting point). I can pinch the skin together esaily in most areas and others it can be done, but not much. The attached Pict is how far the scalp can be pulled up.

Thatguy,

If you have a technical question regarding the Photo Album feature, feel free to "Private Message" me. This reaches me by email.

I will, however, go ahead and try to walk you through it:

At the top of your screen you will find the "New" button. Upon clicking this, you will see the dropdown and in that you will see the "Photo Album" option. Upon clicking that, name your album, give a quick intro and hit "Next." After this, upload the pictures you want to see in the album.

As I said before, if you have any more questions, please feel free to contact me.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog