27, NW3, on medication; Is it rational to consider a HT?

Mars11

• Valued Contributor

@Mars11 I am delighted that you have stayed the course with medication and that you are not experiencing side effects. You have chosen a brilliant surgeon and I would expect your results to be nothing short of excellent. Good on you for showing the commitment and patience for what it takes when it comes to a long term, successful plan in MPB. 👌

• Like 1

On 11/28/2022 at 10:55 PM, Mars11 said:

Hello everyone,

more than two years have passed since my last post. At this point, I really have to thank the forum for giving me the information and assistance I needed to move forward with my HT.
Brief summary of my current situation:
Since I have been taking Finasteride (5mg/week and Minox) for more than two years without any side effects and my hair loss is more or less stable (see attached photos) I'm pretty confident on doing a HT - would you agree?
There is a (very) slight decrease in the front third, but in the middle and crown area my hair situation seems better than ever. At least that's what my hairdresser (who I've been going to for 15 years) says, and a miniturization mapping by one of the famous Belgian doctors confirmed it. According to his estimation, my donor area offers about 8500 grafts for surgery.

The next steps are that I will fly to Porto in two weeks and have a HT with Bruno Ferreira. The appointment was made more than 1 1/2 years ago. I will have the surgery spread over 2 days. The estimated graft count is 2800. From his first documented cases he was my favorite surgeon, honestly. I really like the way he performs the hairline. Communication started sometime in October 2020 and it was very detailed. Bruno asked for lots of photos and information. His answers were extremely competent and detailed.

So of course I am very excited about the coming weeks. Some things like post-surgery hair situation in combination with work have really been a headache for me, since I work in an area where one have to look somewhat very business-like. But luckily I seem to have a very relaxed boss who doesn't mind me wearing a cap for a few months if necessary.

I plan to post the surgery and my progress here on this forum. 

Comparison_Feb2021_Nov2022.jpg

Good luck!  We look forward to seeing your results and your journey.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...