“Patchy”/no-shave FUE in Turkey?

Hi everybody, I’m doing my research for getting my first transplant.

I’m a NW 3.5 (temple and slightly vertex), 31, losing hair since my 20s, now pretty stable under fin.

One thing that puts me off the transplant is the shaving process, which would make “hiding” the procedure very difficult. The idea of going back to work and social life with a very apparent recovering hair transplant scares me.

I’ve looked into the possibility of getting a no-shave FUE, were only the donor area is shaved. My questions:

-do you get the same results as a full shave? (My guess is, it depends on the surgeon’s ability?)

-can maybe anybody recommend a clinic that performs it, ideally in turkey/europe?

thank you!

• Administrators

Best to shave, no-shave technique is difficult for surgeons, and you run the risk of damaging the native hair. You’ll have a harder time hiding shock loss. 

As for recommendations in Europe take a look at our list, which has been approved by the forum.

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/hair-transplant-surgeons.asp

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.