HT Questions/Docs. Need some advice

Hey guys, 

As a long time browser of the forum, I just want to start off by saying this site has been incredibly valuable to me over the past few years and I want to say thanks to all contributing members that made it possible. I have a few questions of my own now as I start to contemplate getting a HT within the next year or so. I'm 26 and I've been on Fin over 3 years with limited success. I think at best Fin slowed the progression down. Tried everything under the sun, including PRP injections a few years ago, which actually gave me some density back, but didn't last long. I am still losing hair even though it is at a slower pace. Has anyone else gone through a HT but still gradually losses hair even on Fin? I'm trying to plan it out a little further because I know my family history here and I'm a diffuse thinner even though my haircut hides it. I'm thinking of a more conservative approach to the front of my hairline and doing another one focused on my crown. Thoughts based on what you guys have seen...

From my research I was I was leaning towards North American Drs,  H&W, Konior, Diep, and Wesley (more so H&W since they have openings at the end of the year). Anyone else I am missing? How much grafts do you think I'll need? I heard H&W does good hairlines and maybe consider Konior for the crown if I need it down to road? I have a few virtual consultations with them soon, but I wanted to get some feedback.

Cheers and fuck hair loss

IMG_6264.jpeg

IMG_6265.jpeg

IMG_6270.jpeg

IMG_6272.jpeg

IMG-6059 2.jpg

IMG_6273.jpeg

IMG_6294.jpg

Edited by WilliamDQ81
Title change

Personally I’d hold off from a hair transplant as I don’t think restoring your level of loss will enhance your appearance much at all - your hair looks good, and it is hard for probably 99.9% of the population to even see that you are losing hair. 

Easier said than done from an outsider, I understand - therefore if you are still insistent on getting surgery, at least you have narrowed it down to two of the best clinics in the world (H&M and Konior) and I am sure they will advise you ethically and well. 

If you are coping well with finasteride I suggest it’s keeping you in good check hair retention wise, and your donor looks strong which bodes well for the future. 

And to answer your earlier question - every single person who commits to hair restoration surgery continue to lose hair, regardless of whether they are taking medication or not - it doesn’t halt hair loss, it slows it down at varying levels dependent on the dosage and patient’s androgen sensitivity. 

Edited by Curious25