advice on regime

tobbern

Hi!

First off just want to say hi to all current members, it's nice to join you all.

I'm 24 years old and about a year and a half ago i started noticing a slight thinning at the crown and this has progressed to the front of my head as well.

Lately I've been researching the matter ever so slightly.

Are there any work-out guys in here that have any experience taking Finasteride?

Reason i ask is because from what i have read this drug blocks dht which is essential to reduce the effects of estrogen the male body produces.

On the positive side it should increase testosterone.

The reports/threads on this site and elsewhere about the sexual side effects also make me cautious. I find it strange that the companies that make these drugs report less than 2% have a problem with this when the majority of posts on the subject suggests otherwise.

I was thinking of doing nizoral shampoo 2-3x times a week and also switching to lemon myrtle shampoo which contains no Sodium Lauryl Sulphate and sodium Laureth Sulphate. In addition to this i will take multivitamins and my omega 3 & 6's.

I know this will not reverse what is already happening but i would rather have my sex-drive and manly chest(no gyno boobs icon_wink.gif )

Is there anything else i can work into this regime?

Hi!

First off just want to say hi to all current members, it's nice to join you all.

I'm 24 years old and about a year and a half ago i started noticing a slight thinning at the crown and this has progressed to the front of my head as well.

Lately I've been researching the matter ever so slightly.

Are there any work-out guys in here that have any experience taking Finasteride?

Reason i ask is because from what i have read this drug blocks dht which is essential to reduce the effects of estrogen the male body produces.

On the positive side it should increase testosterone.

The reports/threads on this site and elsewhere about the sexual side effects also make me cautious. I find it strange that the companies that make these drugs report less than 2% have a problem with this when the majority of posts on the subject suggests otherwise.

I was thinking of doing nizoral shampoo 2-3x times a week and also switching to lemon myrtle shampoo which contains no Sodium Lauryl Sulphate and sodium Laureth Sulphate. In addition to this i will take multivitamins and my omega 3 & 6's.

I know this will not reverse what is already happening but i would rather have my sex-drive and manly chest(no gyno boobs icon_wink.gif )

Is there anything else i can work into this regime?

tobbern,

There shouldn't be any concern with using finasteride and working out regularly.

Side effects are typically rare but very real and should be considered before taking Propecia. Propecia's website claims that side effects are rare and out of those who experience them, they go away after continued use for some, while some may have to stop taking the medication for side effects to go away.

If you are going to take finasteride, adding Nizoral into your regime can't hurt since some proof exists that ketoconazole may be a helpful adjunct treatment.

If you aren't going to use finasteride, you may want to consider a topical ketoconazole based foam like Extina in addition to Rogaine to attempt to stimulate some hair growth.

I hope this helps.

Bill

Thanks for the reply m8 icon_smile.gif

I was thinking of having some test done to see where my levels are at at the moment before i make the jump to drugs. From what i have heard you do not want dht levels too high or low and it is always good to know what testo i'm at right now.

I had some anxiety problems from the reefer which have pretty much disappeared now that i've kicked it but i still have a slight problem with my sex drive but hopefully it is mostly in my head.

I'm going to try toco8, cayenne and maybe revita as well.

Offcourse i will have to research more to find out the correctly cycles.

Any advice on the idela mix would be greatly appreciated icon_biggrin.gif