Doctor Vories: What's the Catch?

Still kicking the can around on an FUE procedure (2000 grafts or so to address temporal recession), which I'm hoping to have done before the end of the year within the U.S. I've been impressed with the results from Doctor Michael Vories in South Carolina. But the price is so good (roughly $5 per FUE graft) that it's a little worrisome, if that makes sense. Why charge only half of what many other doctors are asking? Apparently, he does the entire procedure, as well, which means he can't split his day between two patients.

Can anyone offer any insight on why his rate is so reasonable? This seems to be a get-what-you-pay-for industry, yet his results seem comparable to more expensive doctors. If anyone was considering Vories and then went elsewhere, what was your reason?

• Moderators

He saves money on not having to pay for an extra tech or two since he does it himself. The cost savings are mostly given to you. It allows him to compete with low cost clinics in other countries. I think there will be other clinics trying to get a bit leaner staffing wise in the future too if they start losing too much business due to the high USA prices.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Moderators

I'll add that it helps that he is located in South Carolina which is a much cheaper area than places like New York or California.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.