2HT Donor Area Problem?

hd01

Had my second HT done 3 weeks ago today.

First was 1600, second was 1000. Having a small problem with one side of the incision, at the very end where it comes together near the ear.

This ares is moderately sore with some redness, the remainder of the incision seems to be doing much better. I am experiencing some tightness/pulling when I move my head all the way down. The sore area does not seem swollen or have any puss or anthing like that, just sore and much more red than the rest. Is this normal? Is there anything to be on the lookout for?

Thanks

Dave

Had my second HT done 3 weeks ago today.

First was 1600, second was 1000. Having a small problem with one side of the incision, at the very end where it comes together near the ear.

This ares is moderately sore with some redness, the remainder of the incision seems to be doing much better. I am experiencing some tightness/pulling when I move my head all the way down. The sore area does not seem swollen or have any puss or anthing like that, just sore and much more red than the rest. Is this normal? Is there anything to be on the lookout for?

Thanks

Dave

Dave

Give yourself some time to heal before you test your range of motion.

Sorry, but I can just picture a guy saying "Why does it hurt when I go like this?" (doing it over and over).

I'm pretty sure that the areas near the ear tend to have a problem with healing more often than some other areas. (I'm not a doctor but that is what I seem to be hearing). The "sides" can be a tough area for some guys re: perfect healing and perfect scars. I would go back to your doctor with your concerns and have him look at the closure, just to make sure everything is healing normally.

In the meantime, don't push your limits moving your head around.

Thanks, I just put a call into Dr. Jerry Cooley office. Problem is that i am 3 hours away from their office and will be out of town all next week. Loaded it up with neo-sporean last night and today. It doesn't seem to be infected as there is no swelling, I think it is just having a hard time healing there and being tight doesnt't help it either.

hd01, I'm not a doctor but you could try something called contrast therapy on the donor area. Apply an ice-pak with a towel in-between, for 10 to 15 minutes. Then apply heat with a heating pad or thermophore for about 20 minutes. Repeat this process 2 more times. This causes fresh blood to be flushed in and out of the healing area. It should help.