Beard hair for FUE/DHI

As a NW6 I would require ~6000 grafts, so it's quite probable I'd additionally require beard hair transplanted.

If I grow out a beard I would usually cut it in the style shown by the image below. That is, I would completely shave away all hair below the red line.

With this being the case, I personally would have no problem with 100% beard growth being extracted below the red if this was required.

Are there any thoughts on this?

Would this leave noticeable scarring removing 100% beard growth below the red line?

Thanks.

shia skitch

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-trim-shave-groom-and-avoid-a-neck-beard-2015-11?r=US&IR=T

Edited by Mike_2020

I would consult with Eugenix as they have taken grafts from the area you show. And are always really good with the higher Norwood cases. 

Scarring depends on the person and it’s difficult to tell. But the cases I have seen that have had beard grafts taken look good and I cannot notice any scarring.

There are quite a few cases on the forum where members show the donor area with before and after pics. 

• Like 1

I just had beard taken for part of my 4300 grafts. I was shaving about ten days after and not really seeing much "loss" in that area. I don't wear a beard though so can't comment on a full grow out. I have read the beard is the second best donor area to the back of the head. I think they used beard hair for my crown as I was a bit light on donor. It definitely feels like different courseness hair there. I have no proof they did this, only thinking it due to the fact it feels more course there as a few mm long sprouts. Cheers. Peter