After care advice for a frantic pedantic

Rocky

Guys,

I am going through a severe case of double checking everything I do regarding my new grafts. Basically, I want to do the right thing.

My surgery was to add a small number (730)of grafts to my very high and uneven hairline and to thicken and define my side area. I have a reasonable covering of hair through the bridge and crown area.

My hair is also quite long at the moment so I should be able to hide the recipient area fairly well.

I am 7 days post op, have small and gradually disappearing scabs in my recipient area and I go back to work in a week's time. ( 14 days post op).

I admire the guys on this site who cut their hair short and don't give a rat's, but I just don't have the bollocks.

Now for my questions:

1.When do you think it would be okay to use a hair dryer ( cool temp) to dry and style my hair? This way I can conceal my surgery.

2. Would it be alright to use gel etc to style my hair and, if so, would two weeks post op be okay?

3. What effect, if any, would products like gel and other styling products have on the grafts after two weeks?

Guys,

I am going through a severe case of double checking everything I do regarding my new grafts. Basically, I want to do the right thing.

My surgery was to add a small number (730)of grafts to my very high and uneven hairline and to thicken and define my side area. I have a reasonable covering of hair through the bridge and crown area.

My hair is also quite long at the moment so I should be able to hide the recipient area fairly well.

I am 7 days post op, have small and gradually disappearing scabs in my recipient area and I go back to work in a week's time. ( 14 days post op).

I admire the guys on this site who cut their hair short and don't give a rat's, but I just don't have the bollocks.

Now for my questions:

1.When do you think it would be okay to use a hair dryer ( cool temp) to dry and style my hair? This way I can conceal my surgery.

2. Would it be alright to use gel etc to style my hair and, if so, would two weeks post op be okay?

3. What effect, if any, would products like gel and other styling products have on the grafts after two weeks?

Bigboy,

I am 42, have been losing my hair since my late 20's and have always taken a keen interest in what can be done to get a decent and natural head of hair.

Most of the available information, I have found, tends to focus on the procedure, the surgeons and the finished product etc, rather than what to do immediately post op, when the responsibility of looking after the hair is all yours.

My Dr, by the way, was fantastic and gave me clear instructions and has been very available since for advice.

I am just one of those guys who likes to understand things thoroughly rather than leave things to chance.

I also think that guys, like the ones on this forum who have been through the procedure, know the deal.

Everyone has their own slightly different take on what to do and the way to do things and I find it really helpful.

I just have to learn how to kick back and relax a bit and......wait.

Rocky, be very careful brushing/combing your hair. This is one way to dislodge a graft. After the scabs have all fallen off, brushing is no longer a big deal. At the 2 week mark you should be able to style your hair as you want. You're going to have redness in the recipient area for a few weeks. Hopefully you can hide this with your longer hair. Gel shouldn't be a problem but I wouldn't use any. You're going to want your hair to be fluffy (for lack of a better word) so that it will cover better.