1st post op Ocean

john2008

Hey Everyone,

Yesterday I had about 3000 hair groupings transplanted. I went back to get cleaned up today and he told me (since I am in Florida) to go to the beach and soak my hair for about 10 minutes to help with healing. I did and I think everything went well, but if I lost my transplanted hair, would I know? Would I see blood or would it just disappear?

Thanks for your help,

John

Hey Everyone,

Yesterday I had about 3000 hair groupings transplanted. I went back to get cleaned up today and he told me (since I am in Florida) to go to the beach and soak my hair for about 10 minutes to help with healing. I did and I think everything went well, but if I lost my transplanted hair, would I know? Would I see blood or would it just disappear?

Thanks for your help,

John

I understand Leeson. I had my doubts, but I figured that he is the doctor.. Do you know if I had lost anything that I would know it? I had a frontal line transplant about 11 years ago in my early 20's and accidentally knocked out a hair grouping and it bled like crazy, but I do not know if it would be the same with water. Any thoughts?

John

Good point!! They smell a drop of blood from a mile a way. I guess in Florida I was chum!! If I do it again tomorrow, I will just bring a cup and gently rinse it. Thanks for that reminder. I lived here all my life and have seen them swimming around me. icon_eek.gif

No way to really know if their was damaged caused at this point though - right?

Thanks,

John

Thank you for your help Leeson. I looked at your Weblog. Congratulations on finally reaching your HT goals! This was my 2nd and hopefully my last. I saw that you are using Dutasteride (Avodart) I am using Rogaine (for 11 years now - not overly great) and Proscar (Propecia) which has been helpful and I also have a Hairmax comb which believe it of not, helped increase from 16 hairs per cm to 24 hpcm. Still wanted more so I went for the HT. He told me that he is using a liquid version of the Avodart drug for topical use and I am not able to find any research on it. I was wondering if you have. My wife and I are looking to have a baby and although their is no proof of Proscar hurting fetuses I would prefer to play it safe anyway, so for nine months I may go for the topical Avodart, but I can't find any research outside of my doctor. He has done both of my HT's and so far I am happy and I trust him - but I was looking for some extra opinions.

Thanks,

John

Who is your doc?

I going to be blunt

1. topical avodart is worthless

2. If you get off for 9 months, if med kept alot of hair, you are going to be in for a massive shed, that may/may not grow back.

I understand you're wanting to play it safe, so I would talk to MORE than one doc about this. From my understanding, the meds only lower you chance, but don't have any effects on the fetus. But, when one's is talking about their future child, I guess that changes things.

Are there any HT doctors out there who may have some ideas as to whether or not taking propecia while trying to have a child, could affect the baby? And if so, do you know of true products to that could be used as alternatives until the baby is born?

Thanks for your help,

John