A Survey about Finasteride

SoN

Hey all. I'm a 21 year old hair loss sufferer and having a really difficult time deciding whether or not to take Finasteride. As there seem to be some people getting perminant side effect.

I have been doing fair a bit of research on the internet and many positive feedback on Finasteride seem to be a bit "Unreal". Many of them sounds like comerical released stories.

Since people here knows each other here so the credibility of each of your feedback will be much higher. And it will be really apprecaited if any of you can share your experience and help me in making this decision.

1. How long have you been on Finasteride?

2. Have you experiencing side effects? If yes, what are the side effects?

3. Did you quite the drug once the side effects came up?

4. Did the side effects go away after you quite?

5. What is your overall feedback on this drug?

Thank you so much for your time! Really appreciate iticon_smile.gif

About two weeks now.

The first time I tried Propecia for a week, I couldn't get an erection and I had lost all sex drive. Now that I've waited a few weeks after that and tried it again, I have no problems getting it up and having a good time. Odd how that side effect switches like it did, though.

Yes, for a few weeks, as mentioned above icon_smile.gif

After a little while, yes. I'd say about a week.

I haven't been on it long enough to say how it's effecting my hair, but I can say I'm happy there aren't any side effects this time around... I'd love it if I stayed this way. I'll post some photos after 6 months to see if there's any difference. Then every month after that.

Hi SoN.

I have been on Finasteride for 12 months now and i was as sceptical as you before i started. However, I was rapidly loosing my hair (started when i turned 20) and last year at the age of 22 i decided that i had to do something. I started on 1mg Finpecia together with a daily mineral/DHT blocer pill from Hair Club together with a daily Minoxidil 5% topical solution applied on the entire scalp. I have seen INCREDIBLE results, and I wil say i now have 95% of my hair that i had at the age of 19 so basically a full recovery for my part. To get back to your question:

12 months - 1mg daily.

I have expirensed a decrease in seemen of abt 30% which is still the case. Not that i bothers my at all and i know for a fact that my seemen quality is still very good. I have NOT had any troubles getting an erection. Minor drop in seemen is all the sides i have seen.

No (read above).

It is told that they will, and i will assume that. Not planning on stopping as results are amasing and have no sides really.

To be honest: Very very good, it has helped me very much, not only getting my hair back but on my general selfesteam of having a full head of hair.

Hope my comments can help you in some way.

I am using Finpecia via International drugmnart, with is a generic of propecia produced by Cipla in india.

Brgds, The Dane

I used it from 1997-2001. Recently started again in preperation for HT.

I initially experienced some genital aching, which quickly went away. No shedding the first time I took it. However, when I started again in July, I experienced a LOT of shedding, mostly in my frontal core and hairline.

No on the first time, yes on the second time I tried.

Yes

Finisteride did an amazing job of giving me almost a complete restoration of my crown hair. I was probably in the top 5% as far as a responder. However, it's positive effects slowly wore off where after about 4 years, the hair I had gained was all gone. I stopped taking it and I didn't appear to lose any more hair so the drug had done all it could do.

I started taking the drug again before my HT next month in the off chance it might do some marginal good, but this time I had such a huge shed that it wasn't worth it IMO.

9, almost 10 mos. now. Just turned 26 this year.

2. Have you experiencing side effects? If yes, what are the side effects? No notable side effects so far, but I've been taking measures all year to improve my health over all; so it's possible I've overcome the side effects, but I doubt it. Probably just didn't have any.

3. Did you quit the drug once the side effects came up? n/a

4. Did the side effects go away after you quit?

n/a

Seems to be working really well for me. I haven't hit the year mark yet, but I'm already seeing some improvements. It does require quite a bit of patience though. (6-9 mos, or even a year before you see results is a long time.)

You have to ask yourself though, is it worth NOT trying it and losing your hair anyway?

Hang in there, and Good luck.

thz, keepingwhatihave, it's good idea. haha, it feels kind of weird to call that name.

Also, thz everyone who filled the survey.

It would be good if more people can fill this survey. It will not only help me, but also help people who are starting to have hair loss to make a decision. Thanks! icon_smile.gif

3 months - 2.5mg every other day but not switching to 1.25mg a day

Got really horny for first 2 weeks, couldnt stop wanking or boning the missus - was like 6 or 7 times a day minimum

3. Did you quite the drug once the side effects came up? No I enjoyed them lol

Yeah went after 2 weeks

Hair looks really really thin on top now, told its a shed which should stop now im 3 months in then it should all come back after another 3 or 4 months, hopefully will by christmas