Potential Recommendation of Dr. Shelly Friedman of Scottsdale, AZ

Dear Forum Members,

As many of you know, we gather as much information as possible about a physician, their staff, technique and track record before they are even considered for recommendation on the Hair Transplant Network. Part of our review process involves getting input from patients and the members of this forum community. To learn more about this review process, click here.

I would appreciate this community's input on the potential recommendation of Dr. Shelly Friedman of Scottsdale, AZ on the Hair Transplant Network. At this time, Dr. Friedman is only being considered for recommendation, not the Coalition. To see our standards for recommendation, click here.

Dr. Friedman and his dedicated full time staff averaging 9 years of experience perform hair transplant surgery as the primary part of his practice at his clinic in Scottsdale, AZ.

Pat Hennessey had the opportunity to observe Dr. Friedman and his staff perform hair transplant surgery at his clinic. Pat was impressed with his credentials, experience, and surgical technique. To view the highlights from Pat's visit, see 'Pat's Visit to Dr. Friedman's Clinic in Scottsdale, AZ'.

Dr. Friedman and his experienced staff have the capability and experience to perform large densely packed sessions of ultra refined follicular unit hair transplantation up to 4000 grafts when appropriate for the patient. Dr. Friedman doesn't require patients to shave their existing hair in the recipient area during the procedure.

Dr. Friedman adopted Hasson and Wong's lateral slit technique into his clinic in 2003 and uses custom cut blades to create perpendicular (coronal/lateral) incisions as small as 0.65 millimeters. Such tiny and minimally invasive incisions enable him to place the incisions and grafts very close together to achieve good density in one session.

As a former and founding President of the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery (ABHRS), Dr. Friedman has been a crusader of creating standards and credentials for the hair restoration profession. To date, he is still an ABHRS certified diplomate. He also has a strong background in dermatology.

Dr. Friedman harvests the donor strip in sections using a single blade to minimize transection and uses a double layer trichophytic closure to minimize the appearance of the scar. All follicular units are dissected and trimmed under microscopes to produce excellent quality and refined grafts. Each follicular unit is carefully placed into recipient sites by his experienced staff to maximize growth yield.

Given Dr. Friedman and his staff's excellent credentials, experience and technique, I believe he should be considered for recommendation. To view our standards for recommendation, click here.

View some of their patient and surgical photos below:

7587 Grafts over 3 Sessions with Dr. Friedman

7701 Grafts over 3 Sessions with Dr. Friedman

4523 Grafts over 2 Sessions with Dr. Friedman

5726 Grafts over 2 Sessions with Dr. Friedman

3264 Grafts over 2 Sessions with Dr. Friedman

I welcome input and comments from forum members regarding his potential recommendation.

The documentation seems really lacking to me; but the basic "before"/"after" photo(s) in and of themselves look extremely impressive. Would love to see some "surgical" photos, like Gorpy.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Yes, I forgot about that. The post op photos there look nice and clean.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Members and Guests,

After reviewing all the information we've collected including input we received privately and publicly from patient and physician members, we are pleased to announce Dr. Shelly Friedman has been approved for recommendation.

Since Dr. Friedman is doing ultra refined work, I expect that in time, he will ultimately be invited into the ranks of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Best wishes,

Bill