Itchy scalp- microneedling with dermapen 1.5mm

Hi all,

I recently started using dermapen 1.5mm 3 weeks ago, for once a week. i try to go over key areas by circling around it quickly for around 10 times. in total i spend around 5 to 10 mins doing it per session. I usually cant see any blood drawn (very minimal).

However, everytime after using the derma pen, my scalp starts itching like crazy, so bad that I can't sleep. I tried applying aloe vera gel and antiseptic cream, and it feels a bit better. 

I was wondering if this is a normal thing to be expected, and whether anyone has any advice for it?

thank you!

On 2/1/2020 at 4:10 PM, ahglet said:

Hi all,

I recently started using dermapen 1.5mm 3 weeks ago, for once a week. i try to go over key areas by circling around it quickly for around 10 times. in total i spend around 5 to 10 mins doing it per session. I usually cant see any blood drawn (very minimal).

However, everytime after using the derma pen, my scalp starts itching like crazy, so bad that I can't sleep. I tried applying aloe vera gel and antiseptic cream, and it feels a bit better. 

I was wondering if this is a normal thing to be expected, and whether anyone has any advice for it?

thank you!

I had this problem at the beginning.
If you DR gentle, it doesn't happen.

8 hours ago, duchaine said:

I had this problem at the beginning.
If you DR gentle, it doesn't happen.

@duchaine got it thank you!

does gentle make it "less effective"? i dont know where's the line between gentle and "not effective" and i am not sure how long i should micro needle for as well. Tried researching but didnt see any good answers. Do you have any advice? thank you!