Rogaine 3x a day better since half life 4.2 hrs?

Jim Jones

Yes, experts say only twice daily. Yes, experts say only apply in the crown area. I definitely could say that the price is more if you apply more and more often. But my theory is that Minoxidil has a half life of 4.2 hours. So if you are dedicated and can afford it, then apply to your crown and receding areas 2 or 3 times (morning, noon and evening). I do not get any skin irritation. Furthermore, it may benefit to do a little extra after the HT. Wasteful? Wise? What is your take on this?

One thing i should add is TOLERANCE. If you take Rogaine for [say 3 times per day], then if you taper down to twice a day later on, your body may not be as sensitive to the drug. I can afford this foam and will keep using it 3 times since the half-life is 4.2 hours and it is much more convenient than the liquid. I figure that will not only maintain hair very well, but might even promote some growth [a reputation even makers of Rogaine begin to acknowledge, "keep the hair you have" -- "use it or lose it". We all Rogaine is mostly for maintain, but some lucky ones do achieve "some" growth, peach fuss, or thickness of existing hair.