Newb looking for Hair System answers

Jpax01

Hey all, so I've been reading a pretty good bit on these forums and still have some questions for guys who possibly have some experience with systems that they'd like to share with me. I'm basically looking for the best option to start out with hair systems. I've seen dozens of videos and read numerous posts about guys ordering their hair system and doing it all themselves at home, but I do not feel comfortable starting out that way. I found a couple of places in my city that install, cut, and style hair systems but I honestly do not know if they are any good. 

Is this the best way to start, by going to a business who does everything inside their office?

Is tape better than glue? 

Skin or Lace?

what are some good suppliers of hair system and accessories online?

I sweat a lot and live in a very humid area, especially in summer. Will this be a challenge?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

If you are not confident enough to start yourself then a salon is the only other option to get started. Longer term DIY will be less expensive and more educational (properly with better results from your input).

Good luck

• Moderators

Going to a salon that does it is the best way to get started. Then after a few times going to them and letting them do all the work you will begin to get the confidence and knowledge to be able to do it yourself.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.