Does dr, Diep work on thinning scalp??

That's exactly what all doctors involved in the industry do.  

The doctor typically works with magnification and he can easily see the separation.  The problem, however lies with the patient.

Most patient now-a-days prefer not doing any type of medical therapy.  Many reasons for this, including misinformation on the internet. documented side effects, and just plain loathing.

As I often write, if you've shown the propensity to lose, you will continue losing.  Thus, the doctor works in and around the native hair.  You go on to lose the native stuff and now you're left with the transplants only.  Did not make any headway density wise, but at least you will never be completely empty.  By that point you'll have used a good percentage of the donor area and perhaps even elasticity, (depending on the technique you use).  

Propecia, Rogaine, Laser and PRP are the modalities we typically discuss when dealing with this debilitating condition.  The mechanism of action of each is totally different and you'll experience synergism when used simultaneously.  Please get on something if you haven't already.  Then visit with the doctor and see what he recommends.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, LaserCap said:

That's exactly what all doctors involved in the industry do. The problem, however lies with the patient.

Most patient now-a-days prefer not doing any type of medical therapy.  Many reasons for this, including misinformation on the internet. documented side effects, and just plain loathing.

As I often write, if you've shown the propensity to lose, you will continue losing.  Thus, the doctor works in and around the native hair.  You go on to lose the native stuff and now you're left with the transplants only. 

lasercap I seriously dont think patients refuse medical therapies. Theyll do anything to add more hair.

Which docs do you feel are best in adding density to existing hair?

You receommend therapy outside hts. Do you think prp lasts? What do you think is better prp or stem cells?

I have been taking Propecia for more than 20 years. I also do a laser.  I don't do Rogaine only because I find it to be too cumbersome.  And, while I have not done PRP, I have seen great results.  It can bring grafts in sooner, for patients that have done a procedure, and can reverse miniaturization of the native hair.  The issue, however, many don't know how to do this properly.

Stem cell research, when it comes to hair....hmmmm.  I think we are too early in that process?  Perhaps others can chime in and give their opinion.

Have you been reading the opinions of our members with regards to Propecia?  Some are quite fervent and quite eloquent.  And then you have the internet.  Great tool but a lot of misinformation.  

Do your research and view hundreds of post op results.  It is all about the results after all.  When you find one that you like, and it's a case similar to your own...get at it.

Try meds (Propecia, Rogaine, Laser, PRP) for 1 year.  The results will guide you.  If "amazing," continue.  If you look the same - the meds did what they were supposed to do.  If you lose, then get off them because they did nothing.

2 hours ago, LaserCap said:

Stem cell research, when it comes to hair....hmmmm.

Have you been reading the opinions of our members with regards to Propecia?  Some are quite fervent and quite eloquent.  And then you have the internet.  Great tool but a lot of misinformation. 

Try meds (Propecia, Rogaine, Laser, PRP) for 1 year.  The results will guide you.  If "amazing," continue.  If you look the same - the meds did what they were supposed to do.  If you lose, then get off them because they did nothing.

But stem cell is used as a treatment in many ht clinics. Dont think its research level anymore.

Regarding propecia and finasteride  i read about men losing libido. Dont want to be on of theose men.

Let me know what you think.

4 hours ago, LaserCap said:

I have been taking Propecia for more than 20 years. I also do a laser.  I don't do Rogaine only because I find it to be too cumbersome.  And, while I have not done PRP, I have seen great results.  It can bring grafts in sooner, for patients that have done a procedure, and can reverse miniaturization of the native hair.  The issue, however, many don't know how to do this properly.

Stem cell research, when it comes to hair....hmmmm.  I think we are too early in that process?  Perhaps others can chime in and give their opinion.

Do your research and view hundreds of post op results.  It is all about the results after all.  When you find one that you like, and it's a case similar to your own...get at it.

Which doses of propecia have you been on?