commission question

This may be a stupid question but are the sales reps/ people you see when you gor for a consultation on commisson? Maybe naive of me to realise and ask this suddenly, but ive always thought that its not ethical for someone to try and flog you a HT.

This may be a stupid question but are the sales reps/ people you see when you gor for a consultation on commisson? Maybe naive of me to realise and ask this suddenly, but ive always thought that its not ethical for someone to try and flog you a HT.

I think this may be the case with some clinics, Bosely for sure.

Maybe Jotronic, Janna or Spex can answer this 1, I wouldn't call them sales reps but I think they are the type of staff you are referring to, from what I've read none of the above have ever tried to sell a transplant by thier clinic. (atleast not in an unethical manner)

I think Joe mentions on his posts at the bottom that he is on salary and not a commissioned sales staff. I think whoever works for a clinic and post on this forum need to state whether they are on commission or not. People looking for a transplant can be emotional fragle therefore having a sales rep that benifits finacially preying on them is not ethical in my opinion.

Since I deal with alot of Italians I have heard many stories about reps. Even to the point where they are getting called on a daily basic pushing them to get a transplant. Asking for deposit right at the consultation, having more than one sale rep coming into the room and pushing them to book an appointment. Even heard of a board in the staff room where there is a figure beside every sales rep name showing there sales and commission month to date. When you have a good clinic you do not need to push anything just show the facts, answer the questions and leave it to the patient to decide.

I don't believe the top clinics have or need commssion sales reps. Can you image getting commission for one of the world top doctors. I would be like taking money from a baby.

Anyways that is my opinion.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

I think this is a great question and one that should be raised more often. No one at our clinic is on commission. When I joined the company I specifically did NOT want to be on commission as I did not want commission to taint my judgment nor give that impression.

As for other clinics, I not some do and some don't but it's up to you to ask any clinic you are dealing with directly.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

When reps are on a commission basis, there is always a risk that the reps may be pushing a bit harder on a patient to get an HT.

However, it all depends on the doctor and his reps ethics. If the doctor is instructing his reps to get more HT, using all necessary means, then whether the reps are on commission or salary would not matter.

I have read enough posts from Jotronic, Janna or Spex to see that their primary objective is educational, and for that i am thankful. When asked about the clinic they are representing, they would reply. They would never answer to post that start like this: who is the best HT doctor?

Unfortunately, not all reps are like that, and we know that there are some whose sole purpose is to steer a potential patient to their clinic.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley