Observations

uncjim

There are a few things that I've learned since my second FU surgery that appear to be fairly common.

1. The healing (and subsequent loss of redness) is far more rapid than the first surgery.

2. The growth is, more often than not, slower than the first surgery. I would have thought just the opposite because of the more rapid healing, but it hasn't been the case.

3. The crown is often the last area to heal and to show growth. I'm finding this particularly interesting in that it is the last virgin area remaining on my head, and at this point

(3 1/2 months post op), is the least healed. Bactroban is helping dramatically.

For those of you considering a return, or crown work, I hope this info may be of value.

UNC

"Temples 'n Crowns Forever"

Uncjim's Hair Loss WebLog

There are a few things that I've learned since my second FU surgery that appear to be fairly common.

1. The healing (and subsequent loss of redness) is far more rapid than the first surgery.

2. The growth is, more often than not, slower than the first surgery. I would have thought just the opposite because of the more rapid healing, but it hasn't been the case.

3. The crown is often the last area to heal and to show growth. I'm finding this particularly interesting in that it is the last virgin area remaining on my head, and at this point

(3 1/2 months post op), is the least healed. Bactroban is helping dramatically.

For those of you considering a return, or crown work, I hope this info may be of value.

UNC

"Temples 'n Crowns Forever"

Uncjim's Hair Loss WebLog

hey jim...

im noticing the same thing with the crown...much slower than the top...just like Jotronic said...

by the way, what is Bactroban??

------------------------------

4600 grafts/ 12/10/2003/ Dr. Jerry Wong

Aren't you glad you know me, and have such easy access to my dementia???

thanks Jim....is anyone else getting a "new look" on some of these page threads?..but not other pages??

Thank ya...thank ya...thank you...

I'm now at that 4 month + period and noticing lots of growth in the hairline and top and can see what it's going to look like over the next period. However, I had at least 2/3 of my crown closed with new units and can't see hardly anything happening. This makes me feel better to know that others have similar crown growth. I'm still learning, so this forum has ongoing value to me.

Garyr

Gary...my crown area is doing the same thing...its definitely late to the party, but in the last month, its starting to show some good coverage...

Thanks Rugger...

My doc old me he liked seeing patients at 3 months, because he knew they were feeling like killing him [my words]. I was well prepared for the 4 mo+ wait. This is new info for me regarding front/top vs. crown fill timing. It's wierd, now tht I'm getting visable hairline growth I'm feeling good about my appearence from the front and miserable about the crown. Go figure. I should probably go to sleep for four more months and wake up to a surprise - lol.

GaryR