propecia alternative

lara

Hello guys

I am writing to ask if there are any other DHT blockers apart from propecia..I tried taking propecia for a year but experienced side effects and had to continue the use..I have hear about products like revivogen, spiro cream etc and would love to have get some feedback with respect to the same.I would really appreciate if any doctors or hair transplant clinics can answer my query..Is hair transplant viable without taking propecia?

• 10 months later...

Lara,

There are definitely some different types of dihydrotestosterone (DHT) inhibitors you can try (in shampoo form, creams, etc). Additionally, you could look into a different type of finasteride pill (like a generic or even Avodart, which blocks both types of DHT enzymes), but I don't know if this would alleviate any of the issues with side effects. Have you considering using Rogaine/minoxidil?

Speedway,

While a hair transplant may be a viable option, you probably should not rush into it if your current hair loss is still a progressive issue. If you don't have the balding stabilized, you'll continue losing hair and this will greatly affect the cosmetic benefits of the original hair transplant procedure. Again, I highly recommend investigating Rogaine/minoxidil (if Propecia/finasteride is DEFINITELY not an option).

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 2 weeks later...