Drugless HT

Anyone out there do this?

No need to bring back the usual debates on drugs, but I'd like to know if it can be well done?

Can an older NW6 with realistic expectations get it done and look decent? ...and still keep reserves in case the sides and back drop a little with the years?

Cheers,

CanEHdian

Anyone out there do this?

No need to bring back the usual debates on drugs, but I'd like to know if it can be well done?

Can an older NW6 with realistic expectations get it done and look decent? ...and still keep reserves in case the sides and back drop a little with the years?

Cheers,

CanEHdian

Do you mean without any anaesthesia? I refused general anaesthesia for each of my 3 surgeries; however, it is impossible to have a h.t. surgery without local anaesthesia -- which doesn't produce a mind or mood-altering effect; it simply "turns off" your pain receptors without producing a euphoric effect.

EH?

If you mean anest. you must go with a local. Dr. Epstein used a 'wand' to deliver it, and I felt a couple very small pinpricks, followed by nothing at all.

If you are talking drugs to stimulate growth, etc. There are several recommended including Rogaine, Graftcyte, etc. (see my link below). The thing with these is they are short term, and not a big committment.

BTW - yes, you can look great. Especially if you have graying hair. And, after 5 months or so, the strip scar (in my case) was completely invisible without actively looking for it a foot away.

My Pix and Hair Mentor page with advice on Choosing a Doc, anti-swelling and healing advice