Hair Club for M & W

I had a consultation with Hair Club for Men & Women in Seattle this past week. This is my first attempt at 'fixing' my thin hair. I would like to talk to someone who has experience with this company. I'm so eager and exited to have hair that I can't see straight.

I had a consultation with Hair Club for Men & Women in Seattle this past week. This is my first attempt at 'fixing' my thin hair. I would like to talk to someone who has experience with this company. I'm so eager and exited to have hair that I can't see straight.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I'm so eager and exited to have hair that I can't see straight.

My first comment is CALM DOWN. There are a LOT of scams in the "hair loss field" and if you don't keep your wits and a clear head, you might wind up getting scammed.

I suggest that you go see a dermatologist or endocrinologist FIRST (ask your regular doctor who to see). There is a possibility that your hair loss is coming from birth control you use, or a medical condition you have.

Hair Club sells hair pieces, they are not considered among the best in the field. They also sell ultra-expensive hair vitamins (which probably don't do much) and you can buy cheaper if you do it yourself.

Hair Club also supposedly do some hair transplants. Beware! Women are often not good candidates for hair transplants, as you typically have diffuse thinning (not a stable donor area). And in addition, Hair Club and all other big franchises usually aren't good places to go for a hair transplant anyway.

IF you are thinking about a transplant, then Telephone Man's suggestion is good, but just go see what they say, and decide nothing until you have done some real clear thinking about what you are getting into, the pros and cons, the limitations etc.

Hi Patti,

Hey, welcome to this forum! Just wanted to encourage you to have "complete" blood work done if you have not already done so.

There are many more potential causes of hairloss in women than men, generally speaking, and you want to be sure that your hairloss is in fact genetic. Sometimes thyroid problems, hormonal changes etc, can be treated medicinally with a chance of your hair growing back.

My point is, know exactly what you are dealing with before you invest your hard earned money into other cosmetic approaches. Best wishes to you!

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Patti,

Welcome to our forums.

All of the above replies to your post are great.

Do your research and be prepared for hidden costs. Read the fine print on your "contract." Note the part about their refund policy closely.

Also, have a look at our Learning Center on hair systems.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog