Help Needed

isolence

Hey All. I have a rapid hair fall from past two years and I am 23 right now. I lost hair in my temples. To cut short, I qualify 2 in Norwood scale and I will enter 3 pretty soon at this rate. I need assistance with the hair loss drugs.

1. Rogaine (Minoxidil 5%): I started using it for 6 weeks from September to November and I had lot of shedding initially but hair fall kind of slowed down. I stopped it because my scalp was hell itchy (to the core) if I go out. Also, I was diagonsed with mild seborrehic dermititis last month. I used to have lots of dandruff earlier which might be the reason.

2. Propecia: To be very honest, I am REALLY REALLY REALLY scared to use this drug reading the side effects and patients testimonials online.

3. Laser therapy: I read about HairMax laser comb and about laser therapy in lot of websites including renowned hair restoration clinic sites like Dr. Bernstein. I want to try this.

COULD ANY ONE PLEASE EDUCATE ME WITH THIS? I WANNA KNOW WHAT COULD BE ITS POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS AND STUFF.

4. Nioxin: I read a lot about this and I want to try this too. I am using Nizoral from past 18 months regarding my other shampoo usage.

So the bottom line is I want to start using Nioxin and HairMax laser comb therapy. Please let me know the side effects associated with it.

I apologize for any inconvenience given.

This website gives a lot of positive energy. So thanks to all you guys who are assisting.

I'm not an expert, but I think you should give Propecia a try. It's by far the most effective drug. Yes, it is true that there could be side effects (e.g. loss of libido) but these are not permanent and only affect a small percentage of users (3 to 5%). Talk to your dermatologist before you decide to begin any of these treatments.

isolence,

From personal experience, lasercombs are just an expensive gimmick that just DONT WORK. Some may disagree but most here will agree and that includes some very notable HT docs.

Your best bet, should you deem treatment necessary, would be to consider using Propecia or Proscar perhaps on an EOD basis.

You should first consult your doctor before making any decision.

Best of luck,

hs.

These views are from my own learned experience. I am NOT a Doctor, but people say that I do look like one from a distance.

ng.

Hey Hairscout! Thanks for responding. Lots of professional doctor websites have low-level laser therapy in their treatment options. I could be wrong too. Do you have any idea about Nioxin? I saw good reviews about it and I have a feeling that there is no harm in trying it. I consulted my dermatologist and he suggested Propecia but I am HIGHLY SCARED about its side effects.

Hey Hairscout! Thanks for responding. Lots of professional doctor websites have low-level laser therapy in their treatment options. I could be wrong too. Do you have any idea about Nioxin? I saw good reviews about it and I have a feeling that there is no harm in trying it. I consulted my dermatologist and he suggested Propecia but I am HIGHLY SCARED about its side effects.

Originally posted by hairscout:

isolence,

From personal experience, lasercombs are just an expensive gimmick that just DONT WORK. Some may disagree but most here will agree and that includes some very notable HT docs.

Your best bet, should you deem treatment necessary, would be to consider using Propecia or Proscar perhaps on an EOD basis.

You should first consult your doctor before making any decision.

Best of luck,

hs.

isolence,

From what I know of Nioxin, I dont believe it does a whole lot for hair growth...there are only the big 3: fin, rogaine & HT.

hs.

These views are from my own learned experience. I am NOT a Doctor, but people say that I do look like one from a distance.

• 2 weeks later...

dude don't worry about the propecia... i was 23 when i started it (i'm only 24 now, but still)

its done nothing as far as hurting any libido...

if it starts to screw with things, then just stop...

nioxin might not do much but it IS a good shampoo/conditioner

my reg is:

propecia 1mg EVERYDAY

minox 5% twice daily (f the foam)

nizoral 1%

say la V old buddies .... i'm tryin to keep you