scabs

interest

Hello everyone, I am two months post op, when I first got my hair transplant after 4-5 days, I started rubbing the scabs with my fingers VERY gently to loosen them so they would fall off. I NEVER bled but after reading posts on this forum, I see that I should not have done this.

Anyways, could anyone tell me if I have ruined my HT or what? From the data I have collected, the follicle only seem to be damaged when there is bleeding. (from them popping out)

Thank you

Hello everyone, I am two months post op, when I first got my hair transplant after 4-5 days, I started rubbing the scabs with my fingers VERY gently to loosen them so they would fall off. I NEVER bled but after reading posts on this forum, I see that I should not have done this.

Anyways, could anyone tell me if I have ruined my HT or what? From the data I have collected, the follicle only seem to be damaged when there is bleeding. (from them popping out)

Thank you

Interest,

I agree with HBT's comments. Did you use a post-op healing product?

BTW, when a graft does pop out, there is usually a small amount of blood that will trickle down showing a tiny "stream". If you did not have any bleeding when you removed the crusts, you should be fine. Best wishes to you and happy growth! icon_smile.gif

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY