Question about Hair Growth

I know each individuals results vary but generally speaking if your hair tends to grow fast is it likely that that transplanted hairs will grow quickly aswell. My hair grows extrememly fast and growing up it was pretty annoying having to get haircuts so often, But now it looks as though I could possibly benifit from it icon_smile.gif

I know each individuals results vary but generally speaking if your hair tends to grow fast is it likely that that transplanted hairs will grow quickly aswell. My hair grows extrememly fast and growing up it was pretty annoying having to get haircuts so often, But now it looks as though I could possibly benifit from it icon_smile.gif

Your transplanted hair will continue to act as it did before it was moved to another location, but it will first need to "adapt" and "recover" from the surgery. This might take a few weeks or a few months. In addition, you probably know that each hair goes through various growth stages, and it seems that the post-op growth also depends on the stage the hair was in when it was taken out. So some hairs will be quicker to grow than others.

After 6 months or so, everything should be back to normal. You can also take MSM to try to speed up the process. Worked well for me.

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

Moises,

Understand that I have absolutely no proof behind me saying this, but I would think that yes, if your hair normally grows rather fast I would think that the transplanted hair would retain this characteristic. As ever, hairworthy's and my own opinions are basically the same.

Brando,

MSM is an "organic source of sulfer that forms the basis for the structural raw materials in joints and connective tissue. **As a supplement, MSM promotes joint and cartilage health.**"

-Label from the bottle of CVS Pharmacy's MSM 1000mg.

SInce it is a supplement, I think of MSM, quite basically, as a vitamin in that you can stop taking it with no real adverse side effects other than losing the benefits that initially taking it gave you.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog