Just a few questions

Just got some nagging questions that I would like clearing up please. Here we go!

- For those of you familiar with Hasson and Wong and one of their patients "london boy". He was quite bald and had around 7 and a half thousand graphs which looked amazing in the end. Does the average person have enough in the donor area to get a great full transplant say from being a norton 6?

- Also if hair loss in unpredictable why is not wise to get one say in your twenties if you have some hairloss compared to your forties when it could all go ?

cheers

calv,

Welcome to our forum community.

London Lad should be seen as an exceptional case since very few patients have the donor density and scalp elasticity to be able to harvest 7000+ grafts in a single hair transplant session. However, I think it would be fair to say that the average patient may have 6000-7500 follicular unit grafts available for harvesting over a lifetime. Though most patients can't accomplish what Dr. Hasson did for London Lad in one session, many patients have the hair characteristics that allow elite surgeons like Dr. Hasson and others in the Coalition to perform it in two.

In regards to your second question, it's not that a patient can't get a hair transplant in their 20s. It's about making good use of a finite donor hair supply. Male pattern baldness is progressive and often times, future hair loss will lead to the "need" for subsequent hair transplants in order to stay looking natural. Younger patients should stay away from high density hair transplants that may use up too much donor that may be needed later for balding areas to come. To put it simply, a physician and patient should work together to customize a strategic long term hair restoration plan that helps you meet realistic goals. The goals should be established together and should cover not only the first procedure, but the future.

I hope this helps.

Bill