Failure rate of H/T

Word up yo,

Alright you got me, i'm no badass. I'm due for surgery in a few weeks time and obviously apprehensive but looking forward to getting it done at the same time, but i realised i don't actually know what the failure rate is with H/T's?

I know it's a subjective question, if you go to a hair mill your chances of failure, and by that i mean no to poor growth, are increased, but i'm going to a coalition doc, so what are the chances of poor growth as a percentage?

Anyone care to indulge me?

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts

I'm certainly no expert but what I've read suggests that failure rates tend to be measured per graft and what is usually supported is rather the success rate. So for example a success rate of 90% would mean that 90% of the transplanted grafts grow succesfully in the recipient site. A lot of factors effect the success rate for any given patient but there are some other threads on this site suggesting that success rates of over 90% are normal. It also seems that success rates may be higher for grafts containing more than one hair (but just one follicle).

Ski,

Who are you going to and how many grafts are your getting transplanted ? I am my HT with Dr. Cooley in Charlotte, NC and they say that 99% to 100% will grow. It is all in the oxygen and the solution that a Doctor uses that the grafts are in between the donor removal and the transplant time. They need to keep them healthy is the key.