Technicians and Proper Glasses

During my HT approximately 8 months ago, I noticed that one of the technicians working on the right side of my head used no magnifying glasses of any kind, while the one on the left did use magnifying glasses. So far, the growth on the right side of my head is clearly less dense than the left. I have also experienced shock loss, especially on the right side. Is it common or reasonable for the technicians to not use special eyeware? Thanks.

During my HT approximately 8 months ago, I noticed that one of the technicians working on the right side of my head used no magnifying glasses of any kind, while the one on the left did use magnifying glasses. So far, the growth on the right side of my head is clearly less dense than the left. I have also experienced shock loss, especially on the right side. Is it common or reasonable for the technicians to not use special eyeware? Thanks.

Jim,

Most technicians use loupes in order to magnify the scalp and hair to facilitate proper care and handling of placing grafts into recipient sites.

That said, I have heard a clinic or two tell me that a few of their technicians don't use any magnification and swear their results are top notch.

Personally, I don't like the thought of technicians not using any magnification. Though one might be the best technician in the world, using the best tools can only improve their technique.

Ultimately, you want to give your hair transplant the full 12 months to mature before evaluating your results. But I'd speak with your surgeon and share your concerns.

Best wishes,

Bill