Gym Workout effect on Hairloss

qvarnis

Hi Everyone,

A question I forgot to put up in my last post. Im sure alot of us work out/lift weights etc, I was wondering what effect this would have on hairloss. What I do know is that when you workout and are trying to increase your muscle mass your body produces more testosterone to aid this process, my guess is that allows more to be converted to the bad stuff (couldnt remember the name.. hang on (i looked on my propecia box) dihydrotestosterone DHT). So if more is available more will be converted?

Im not sure of the answer... does anyone know?

qvarnis

Hi Everyone,

A question I forgot to put up in my last post. Im sure alot of us work out/lift weights etc, I was wondering what effect this would have on hairloss. What I do know is that when you workout and are trying to increase your muscle mass your body produces more testosterone to aid this process, my guess is that allows more to be converted to the bad stuff (couldnt remember the name.. hang on (i looked on my propecia box) dihydrotestosterone DHT). So if more is available more will be converted?

Im not sure of the answer... does anyone know?

qvarnis

• 1 month later...

From my experience-- Workout lightly-- 50% of normal after 2 weeks. Then 4weeks increase to normal workouts (not heavy but normal/average). At 12 weeks, start working in heavy/strenous workouts. The reason is the donor scar is still healing up to 3-4 months and can strech up to that time. I;ve followed this route and never had a problem.

This same question was discussed in another thread recently:

Thread concerning working out and DHT.

I would love to get some physician feedback on this matter.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog