What exactly is “temple angle closure”

I hear this term thrown around a lot. It appears on Rahals website. The alvi Armani rep always throws it around all the time in message boards. I’ve heard hasson mention it. But I still have not been able to find a decent explanation of what it means or before and after pics focusing on describing this design criteria. 

Can anyone help out? Is it just another way of saying framing the face?

It's filling in the actual temples and closing the gaps.  The angle closure is filling the temples' perpendicular recession of the hairline and angling it more horizontal with the hairline.  It widens the hairline when looked at in a frontview and make a very significant difference.  You go from a balding hairline to a mature hairline when they are filled in, it's crazy how big of a difference it makes.  I have a good photo showing this I'll post it when I get off work.

Edited by journeyman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, newpatient99 said:

Recreating temporal points is a very challenging skill only a short list of doctors have master. That's why hair pieces still look like crap today because most of them don't blend in well with temporal points too far back. 

Thanks. I totally agree and most examples I have seen where temple points are rebuilt look somewhat off because the angle of the hair is so difficult to match and the donor is usually too thick to blend in. I think temple angle closure is different than just rebuilding temple points however. I’m anxiously waiting journeymans pics cuz I think this will help visually see the impact of temple angle closure.

Edited by jj51702

Correct, temple points are different.  They are the red arrows.  Temple angle closure is what is shown above the orange line (left is before, right is 5.5 months postop), the orange line helps show how much of the temples were filled.  Some people have the temples filled entirely where the transplanted hair would lay flush on that orange line and close the temple angle entirely, but that is a more aggressive hairline and Caucasian men naturally have some minor recession in the temples.  Closing it entirely is best for other ethnicities.  The white chalk line in the second picture can be ignored as that wasn't where my grafts were placed.

9823893897.JPG

237.JPG

Edited by journeyman
  • Like 1