2nd proc - 1200 FUE w/ Dr. Katona (Chicago) A++

ecarlino

I had pretty significant hair loss to start with, so 3000 grafts (July 2017) can only accomplish so much.  

So, I just did another 1200 to get the hairline where I really wanted it.....

For anyone considering FUE, all I can say is that my experience with Dr. Katona has been beyond my expectations and I just kick myself for waiting so long (I just turned 46).

This is before the first:

before_first.JPG

These are immediately after the first:

after2017-top.JPG

after2017-side.JPG

and a few days after first:

daysAfter2017-top.JPG

daysAfter2017_Rside.JPG

daysAfter2017_Lside.JPG

This was me 13 months after first and 2 days before second:

JustBefore-Aug2018.jpg

morning of 2nd surgery, having established the plan with Dr. Katona:

surgery2018.jpg

Evening of 2nd surgery:

after18-top1.jpg

after18_side.jpg

Edited by ecarlino

Great photos.  Looks like you have a lot to look forward to.  You should have good results in a few months.  One thing I would note.... everyone is different, but the growth after my second surgery was a bit slower than the first.  So....don’t be discouraged or surprised if your new growth is a bit slower to appear.  Just be patient.  Keep us posted with pictures.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Thanks for the info re: slower growth the 2nd time around!

I started finasteride about 8 months ago - it will be interesting to see how my growth compares this time.  I also took biotin for 6 months last time and just started that again - not sure if that's snake oil or not....

One thing i noticed, for anyone curious about FUE scarring - given this is my 2nd 'shaved head' - i can tell you that i don't see any sign of the first procedure in the donor area.

Here's the 1 week update - left is evening of Day 6 and right is morning of Day 7, just after first washing of recipient area.hair18-1wk.thumb.JPG.c41500b16600cd2f1749c8f5d9a78ceb.JPG

Edited by ecarlino

I agree with you, when I had my second procedure there was no discernible evidence of scarring.  I often post this picture showing where about 1,750 grafts were harvested.  A 0.80 punch was used in the original surgery.

7F85094D-DAB6-431C-9132-50BA6C7EC1C5.jpeg

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.