fut + fue??

excuse my ignorance this may sound very stupid but it just came up to my mind and wondering if its possible.

suppose that you used all your donor hair via strip(lets say 8000 grafts) and still density is not what you're hoping for. is it possible that you can have some donor hair from the places above the ear( since you do not loose them at all)? if so, what is the max number you can get?

again, this may sound stupid and ignorant but i'm really curious about it.

Not ignorant at all! Many patients explore the possibilities of FUE after utilising all of their available FUT donor regions. Numbers obvioulsy differ in each and every patient. Maybe somebody could enlightent us regarding an average?

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

I believe it's general consensus that around 1500-2500 grafts can be harvested via fue after strip is no longer an option.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/04-07 - 800-1600 ish grafts - danish clinic - poor results

12/02-08 - 2764 grafts - Dr. Devroye - good result but needs hairline density

03/12-10 - 1429 grafts - Dr. Mohmand - result pending

Feel free to visit my picture thread

My Hair Transplant Photos - Surgery with Dr. Devroye

Young lads below 25 unite!

I have seen it commented, to max the number of grafts, first max out your strip(s), then follow up with FUE.

You are removing part of your scalp with strip, and moving all the corresponding grafts. Then thinning out the remaining donor through FUE. This makes sense as the ultimate graft optimization route.